Signing an Online Application
To submit an application via the Universal Licensing System, you must electronically sign the application. Like signing a
paper application, your electronic signature certifies that all information provided on the application is true and correct
and that you are in compliance with all of the General Certification Statements. Applications and amendments must be signed
in accordance with Part 1 of the FCC rules. The signor must be a person authorized by the applicant to sign the application.
WILLFUL FALSE STATEMENTS MADE ON THIS FORM OR ANY Attachments ARE PUNISHABLE BY FINE AND/OR IMPRISONMENT (U.S. Code, Title
18, Section 1001) AND/OR REVOCATION OF ANY STATION LICENSE OR CONSTRUCTION PERMIT (U.S. Code, Title 47, Section 312(a)(1)),
AND/OR FORFEITURE (U.S. Code, Title 47, Section 503).
Follow the procedures below to electronically sign an application:
- Navigate to the Signature section, located with the certification statements.
- Sign the application by entering the signing party's name in the Name of Party Authorized to Sign section:
The Signature field is automatically populated as you enter data into the First Name, MI (Middle Initial), Last Name, and Suffix fields. This field cannot be modified. The entry in the Signature field represents the legal signature of the party authorized to sign the application.
- Enter the signing party's first name in the First Name field.
- Enter the signing party's middle initial in the MI field (optional).
- Enter the signing party's last name in the Last Name field.
- Enter the signing party's suffix (e.g., Jr, Esq, III, etc.) in the Suffix field (optional).
IMPORTANT!!! By entering a name into these fields, you are legally signing your application.
- Enter the job title of the party authorized to sign in the Title field.
- Note that the Universal Licensing System automatically populates the Date field with the current date. This date cannot be modified by the applicant.
- Click the Continue button to submit your application.
- Click the Save button and then the Save + Submit button to submit your application.